The event called for a gold coin donation, raising $245.80 for Dress for Success, a charity that helps empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support to help them in the workforce.
Nikki Kaye shared three life lessons during her talk:
- Work hard – ultimately she pins her success down to old-fashioned hard work – time and effort.
- Integrity – invest in your authenitic self and stand up for what you believe in.
- Choose your friends wisely – everyone needs great support, and this will come from your friends.
Other key messages:
- Learn to live with self-doubt – be courageous and confident despite doubts – confidence comes with sticking to your guns.
- Do what you love – life is too short to not pursue your own goals.
- When things get really tough – and they will for us all..., remember (her Grandmother’s advice ) ‘Life will go on’.
- Finally, look close to home when you seek out your heroes – it might be your mother, your grandmother etc.