1. Complete an application form
To apply for a place at King’s College, you need to fill out our online application form, attach copies of supporting documents and pay the application fee of NZD $320. This Application Fee covers the costs of considering the application and is non-refundable.
The following items are required with the application. Please note that if you are applying for your son/daughter to join King's more than two years in advance you are not required to submit the below documentation:
- a copy of the prospective student’s (the “student”) New Zealand passport/birth certificate or if not born in New Zealand, a copy of their passport
- proof of residency/eligibility to study in New Zealand (if applicable)
- a copy of the student’s most recent school report with teachers’ comment
- completed student CV – please download and save this template
- a copy of any educational assessments
- a recent head and shoulders photograph of the student is preferable but not essential.
Note: Applying online does not automatically grant your son/daughter an offer of a place.
2. The interview and College tour
Prospective students will be invited to attend an interview with our Head of Admissions - an integral part of our admissions process. Following the interview, prospective students and their families will be given a tour of the College and its facilities. Families are welcome to attend Campus Tours held regularly at King’s College throughout the year. Upcoming dates are listed on our Events page.
3. Offer of place to successful applicants
In considering applications, King’s College takes into account a range of criteria including but not limited to:
- Interview outcome
- Interests, activities and academic record of the student
- Family or other association with the College
King’s College seeks to retain a significant proportion of boarding students, have a roll that reflects the broader population of New Zealand and to support the College’s Anglican and Christian heritage. King’s College has a preference for boys to join the College in Year 9 and girls to join the College in Year 11, and a strong preference that new enrolments start at the beginning of each academic year.
Notwithstanding the above criteria, any offer of place is made at the sole discretion of the College.
An offer of a place will be emailed to successful candidates.
4. Accepting our offer of place
To secure the offered place, parents must complete, sign and return the Admission Agreement form, Direct Debit form and Medical form along with payment of the Enrolment Fee and the King’s College Old Collegians’ Association (KCOCA) Lifetime Membership Fee, before the offer expiry date.
Following receipt of fees and the completed forms, the College will let you know what needs to be done before the student starts their journey at King’s College.
5. Year 9 placement examinations
All students who have accepted Year 9 place at King’s College must sit the Placement Examinations. The Placement Examinations usually occur late in Term 4.
Contact our Admissions Team if you have any questions about our admissions process: 0508 46 25 46 or email us at email@example.com
The application portal for International Students can be accessed in the related links section below.Apply now