Due to the complexity of our Orientation Day arrangements, which sees various groups of new and returning students expected to arrive at different times, we have clarified these arrangements in one quick and easy summary below.
- Year 9 Boarders will be asked to arrive at Te Pūtake Lodge between 6pm and 8pm on Monday 1 February (and other Boarding Housemasters may ask their House Prefects/Leaders to come into the College on that evening).
- New Year 9 to Year 13 Day Students and New Year 10 to Year 13 Boarders will be asked to arrive at school at 7.45am on Tuesday 2 February.
- Returning Year 10 to Year 13 Boarders will be asked to arrive at school between 6pm and 8pm on Tuesday 2 February.
- Returning Year 10 to Year 13 Day Students will be asked to arrive at school at 8.20am on Wednesday 3 February for the first day of term (although Housemasters may ask House Prefects/Leaders to come into the College for part of the Orientation Day on Tuesday 2 February).
Please note that in exceptional circumstances only new Year 10 to Year 13 Boarders travelling to King’s from outside of the Auckland area may, by arrangement with their Housemaster, stay in their Boarding House on the evening of Monday 1 February. These students will need to arrive between 6pm and 8pm.
All digital technology and uniform requirements for 2021 can be found via our website. Parents of students new to the College will receive further details regarding Orientation Day in due course.
Please note that the Subject Options Day is on Friday 29 January and students will need to attend this day if:
- They have not gained the prerequisite standard for taking a subject they have selected, in order to gain approval to continue with that subject option or gain approval for an alternative subject option.
- They have changed their mind and wish to make a voluntary subject change, in order to gain approval for that change.