Assistant Specialist – Year 10 Adventure Challenge
King's College is a leading independent secondary school whose mission is to provide the best all-round education it is possible to obtain.
As part of our Outdoor Education programme we require an outdoor specialist to work with us for the remainder of this school year. We offer a number of exciting activities for students at both our Ahuroa Camp near Warkworth and at other venues around the North Island. Students are challenged to reach higher and achieve more through this unique opportunity.
There will be a requirement for overnight stays and periods away from your home base.
Key accountabilities will focus around a lead role in support, development and maintenance of the Year 10 camp, with the opportunity to broaden involvement across other areas as they develop.
If you are a top team player with expertise in adventure challenge and you are committed to developing the all-round education of young people through the medium of outdoors, this role will certainly appeal. Both experience and qualifications in outdoor education will be valuable.
King’s College is very highly resourced and committed to the ongoing development of its staff.
- be a passionate outdoor educationalist, committed to using the outdoors as a medium for students’ growth and learning.
- hold a qualification relevant to the position e.g. NZOIA Bush 1, Kayak 1, Rock 1
- hold a current 1st Aid Certificate
- be very safety conscious and actively pursue a culture of safety and care
- be a highly organised, proactive self-starter with a positive attitude.
- have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and enjoy working with adolescents.
- Have a good sense of integrity, diplomacy, confidentiality and tact.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your CV and the completed application form to:
Academic Team Coordinator
Applications close on 11 May 2018.
King’s is currently recruiting. Click on the job titles below to find out more about the role and how to apply.