At the Maadi Cup Regatta, 2,175 rowers from 119 schools across New Zealand contested 52 events. This year it was the South Island's turn to host the Regatta at the stunning Lake Ruataniwha course in the township of Twizel. Contrary to all predictions, the weather was spectacular for the entire Regatta, creating perfect rowing conditions for the crews.
The King's rowers competed with distinction in this final Regatta of the season. We entered 15 crews and achieved representation in 10 A finals, four B finals and one D final.
In the A finals we attained five medals: one gold, one silver, three bronzes, as well as two 4ths, one 5th and an 8th.
In the B finals we attained one 2nd, one 5th, one 6th and an 8th.
Overall we attained nine top five places (including the five medals) and 11 top 10 places.
- Gold - Under-16 Quad No. 1: Hunter Gaze, Grayson Gaze, James Hall, Daniel Williamson, Hunter Coldham
- Silver - Under-16 Quad No. 2: Tom Spillane, Lachie Cook, Lachie Dixon, Sam Cummins, Zandi Sutcliffe
- Bronze - Under-16 Double No. 1: James Hall, Daniel Williamson
- Bronze - Under-15 Double: Harrison Elliott, JP Scarlett
- Bronze - Under-15 Octuple: James Archibald, Luke Shannon, Keegan Greig, Tom Ludbrook, Sam Brewer, Max Smith, JP Scarlett, Harrison Elliott, Max Brady
- 4th - Under-18 Single: Ollie Maclean
- 4th - Under-18 Quad: Sam Lowe, James Hall, Ollie Maclean, Sam Cummins, Hunter Coldham
- 4th - Under-16 Eight: Harrison Elliott, Hunter Gaze, Grayson Gaze, Lachie Cook, James Hall, Daniel Williamson, Sam Cummins, Hunter Coldham
- 5th - Under-16 Double No. 2: Hunter Gaze, Grayson Gaze
- 8th - Under-15 Quad No. 1: Sam Brewer, Keegan Greig, JP Scarlett, Harrison Elliott, Max Brady
- 10th - Under-15 Quad No. 2: James Archibald, Tom Ludbrook, Max Smith, Luke Shannon, Zandi Sutcliffe
- 13th - Under-17 Single: Ellen Davis
- 14th - Under-16 Single: Tom Spillane
- 16th - Girls' Lightweight Under-18 Double: Ellen Davis, Maryann Panoho
- 25th - Under-17 Single: Sam Lowe
It was a very satisfying conclusion to a long, yet enjoyable season.
The icing on the cake came on the morning following the Regatta when it was announced that Ollie Maclean had been invited to trial for the New Zealand Junior team, and Sam Cummins, Daniel Williamson and James Hall (all still Under-16s) had been invited to trial for the North Island Under-18 team; a great honour for all four boys and a testament to the way they had performed over the course of the season.