St John's was the second boarding House to be established when the College moved from Remuera to Middlemore in 1922. It was named to recognise the direct link with St John's Collegiate School, which merged with King's in 1913.
In 1972, St John's moved from the original wooden building across from the Chapel where the Headmaster's house now stands to its more spacious brick and tile quarters; the first of the Boarding Houses to be rebuilt.
Conditions in the new St John's were, in the beginning, only marginally less Spartan than in the old House. Over the years renovations and the acquisition of new amenities have all made for more homely living and are very much part of House life.
St John’s House Shield
A royal blue shield with silver outline and with three FIVE pointed stars in ‘pyramid’ formation. Royal Blue emphasises the College link to the original St. John’s Collegiate School in Remuera. The three stars are five pointed and represent the three stars used on the Coat of Arms of the Anglican Dioceses of Auckland.
Click here for the St John's House Handbook
House Staff Team
|House Tutors||Mahendra Naidoo|
|Teacher Mentors||Marcel Delport|
|House Manager||Maria Knight|