1. Application made
An application to enrol at King's College can be either posted to you or downloaded here. Once completed it should be sent to the Head of Admissions:
Head of Admissions
PO Box 22012
2. Application acknowledged
Parents will be sent a letter of acknowledgement when the application is received by the College.
The Headmaster and/or the Head of Admissions interview all prospective students. You will be sent a letter that includes the interview time and a request for supporting documentation: latest full academic report with teacher comments, résumé form, medical questionnaire and a character reference from someone who knows your son well.
4. Tour of the College
Your son and family will be given a guided tour at the time of the interview. Families are welcome to attend Campus Tours held regularly at King's College throughout the year. Upcoming dates are listed here.
5. Offer of place made to successful candidates
A written confirmation of acceptance will be sent to all successful applicants shortly after their interview with the Headmaster and/or Head of Admissions.
In considering applications for admission, the College's following principles will guide the policy and processes:
- Recognition of individual merit
- Endeavouring to reflect the composition of New Zealand society as a whole
- Ensuring that the College retains a significant proportion of boarding students
- Supporting the College's Anglican and Christian heritage
- Honouring our vision, "To provide the best all-round education that it is possible to obtain"
- Respecting prior connections with the College
The College reserves the right at all times to determine who will be admitted to the College.
6. Placement Exams
All students who have been offered a Year 9 place at King's College must sit the Placement Exams. The Placement Exams are used to determine the most appropriate class for students entering the College. Only those students applying for an Academic Scholarship need to sit the Scholarship Examination.